Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm Baaaccckkk!

I had a fabulous three weeks on the road in mostly Canada with a few days in the San Juan Islands. If you are interested, you can read about that trip at www.superbikerwoman.blogspot.com.

I saw lots of other cyclists, particularly when I was on bike paths (in Stanley Park and on the Lochside Trail to Victoria). I'd say most of the kids had helmets on. Unfortunately, it would have been difficult to carry a bunch of Loonies (Canadian currency does not utilize a paper $1 bill).

When I got to Anacortes, WA I stayed with a CouchSurf family. They had a delightful 3 year old daughter named Olivia. When we went to the park with Olivia's new scooter, she work her pink Nutcase helmet. I told her parents about my TFWAH campaign. I told them I would send Olivia a dollar with the TFWAH card when I got home. I did, so now, in a very small way, the campaign has reached Anacortes!

Now, of course, school is back in session. Although the opportunities to catch kids wearing helmets is less, you can be sure I will still be out on the trail and road prepared to reward those kids I see wearing helmets.

No comments:

Post a Comment